Elfinlady's Photos

Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25- Day 1

I'm starting Project 365. The basic idea is to take a photo a day for 365 consecutive days. I got the idea from Erin, and it sounded like fun. So, my first picture.



This is the Lion Dance, performed at the Atlanta History Center as part of their Lunar New Year program. We saw a documentary on Chinese New Year as well, and there were other dances and such. DD made some crafts, a Chinese fan and a red envelope. The envelope traditionally holds money given as a new year's gift, usually (I think!) from older people to younger members of the family.

DS was too old for the crafts, but he enjoyed the Lion Dance and the martial arts demonstration. DH said the Lion Dance alone was worth going for, and it was!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I bet that was fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home